Enrolled through pharmacies and physician’s offices like yours, patients report on their experience with a targeted category of medications via a monthly survey of questions which collect information on side effects, medication adherence and health outcomes. Survey responses are sent to each patient’s healthcare provider. In addition, the data collected in patient surveys are de-identified, coded and sent to the NMSOAP database. This information is then integrated with other sources of patient information, including the patient’s health records, to create a de-identified, aggregated database of real-world safety, clinical outcomes, medication adherence patterns, REMS and comparative effectiveness.
It is critical that healthcare providers encourage and assist their patient’s enrollment in NMSOAP. As such, healthcare providers are asked to:
- Confirm that the interested patient is taking a targeted study drug.
- Enter the patient’s name and contact information into the NMSOAP system to initiate patient enrollment and registration.
- Provide or verify the patient’s HIPPA release.
- Submit a copy of the patient’s electronic health record to the NMSOAP database, as permissioned under the participant’s Informed Consent and Release of Records forms. (Technical specifications for EHR link to be provided.)
- Encourage patients to complete the NMSOAP monthly surveys.
Your NMSOAP dashboard: As a healthcare provider with participating patients, you will have access to a proprietary patient dashboard that lets you track the progress of all of your patients participating in NMSOAP studies. You will receive the results of each patient’s monthly survey. If a patient indicates in a survey that he/she experienced a side effect or stopped taking his/her medication, such responses will be highlighted when submitted to the EHR or to the clinical pharmacy system.